Top 5 Banned WWE Wrestling Moves List
As we all are aware that wrestling moves are inherently dangerous but WWE players are trained experts and perform these moves to entertain the arena. But there are some moves that are so dangerous and have actually been banned by WWE. Well, it is aptly true that WWE wrestlers have scripts and they do have predetermined moves that are perfectly choreographed to ensure the maximum entertainment enjoyed by the WWE fans. Here, we come up with the top 5 WWE Wrestling Moves List that have been banned by WWE.
List of WWE Banned Moves
1. Curb Stomp :- Remember this move? Well, this move was performed by Seth Rollins which is recently banned by WWE. This move was ridiculously easy move to take safely, as it allows the opponent to cushion their fall with their arms. This move was quite dangerous. Thus, WWE chose to remove that move from common use. After all, WWE cares about their athlete health that are becoming more and more crucial on a regular basis.
2. Randy Orton’s Punt:-Remember that “Punt Move” which he used on Mcmahon’s family. Randy used to kick wrestlers in the head and put them out for a long ago. The move is even more dangerous than RKO and used to be Randy’s deadly move. Randy’s punt move was considered as match finisher. WWE decided it probably wasn’t a good idea as they were promoting one of their top stars deliberately giving other wrestlers head injuries. It was increasing the awareness of the dangers of concussions. After a short span of time, WWE decided to stop it and banned this move. Thus, we have added this move to list of Top 5 WWE banned moves.
3. The Original Pedigree :- “The original Pedigree” was one of the most dangerous WWE wrestling moves that was performed by none other than “the game”, Triple H. Pedigree was a pro wrestling moves that was made specifically to impress mass audiences and it did not disappoint. In this move, Triple H holds his opponents hands behind their back throughout the move. It caused them to absorb the impact of the apex of the action to the victim’s head chest or even their face.
4. Chair Shots to the Head :- Well, chair shots to the head is not the actual WWE move but with rise of hardcore wrestling, wwe saw a drastic increase in the number of chair shots. In fact, chair shot to the head is punishable by fine. Although, this chair shots were used during their WrestleMania 27 match between Triple H and Undertaker. But in the most part, WWE banned this move as they are very much aware of how dangerous concussions it can be.
5. Brain Buster :- Its name discloses how dangerous this move is. This move is mostly used by Japanese wrestlers but hardly seen in America and almost never in WWE. The move is likely costs the victim a few brain cells and hurts them hard. Later, the move was banned by WWE due to the combination of lack of control which is involved in a move. Apart from this, dropping someone on their neck from a significant height can caused to death as well. Thus, WWE banned this move and lists it in WWE banned moves list.
While there are some other moves that are banned from WWE. We have listed you a list of WWE pro wrestling banned moves list. Have a look at this.
List of WWE Wrestling Moves List
Double Leg Takedown/Single Leg Takedown
Riding the Leg
Butterfly / Banana Split
The Penetration Step
The Back Arch
The Penetration Step
Move to Base
Tight Waist Near Arm
Tight Waist Far Ankle
Two on One
Low Single Leg Takedown
One on One
Head in the side Cradle (Bow and Arrow)
Short sit cradle